Saturday, April 9, 2016

Game Design

I started doing some research comparing c#, c++, Java, and Python. One huge, huge negative of C# is that it only works on a Windows application. All other languages work across any platform. This is probably the main that it is not as popular as the others, and also why there are far less resources online dedicated to teaching C# as opposed to c++ and the other ones.
One thing I have really noticed a I begin creating my game though, I can write the code for the game, following along with tutorials (and I could do it myself now at this point), but I still don't know what I am actually doing. When I try to find what the method or framework means, it redirects me to a different link, and that same process goes on till I give up. This week, I started learning Python just for fun, and one main difference I can tell is that I actually know the concepts behind what I am coding, and it makes it much easier to learn and grasp.
Follow along as I continue making my game!

2 comments:

  1. Why is there a need to have different coding languages? Do some languages work better for building websites or creating games or other platforms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty frustrating! Are their any real benefits of C#? Like is it easier to use or anything?

    ReplyDelete